Jun 25, 2019

Halfway Reflection


1)      Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
I developed my time management skills. Since I took this class in Summer C, time management will be very important because you never know when some fun events coming up. I think summer C has a lot of free time than fall/spring semesters and since this class is mostly online, it is easy to forget about assignments or quizzes. Honestly, I did not do first 2 quizzes because I thought the deadline was 11:59 pm but actually it was 11:59 am. Also, for the assignments, some assignments require interviews and you had to interview 5 people. It has to be decent interview, so it takes time. Thus, you have to start the assignment early you cannot do the assignment at the last minute. This environment and system of this course definitely improved my time management skills.

2)      Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
As I wrote above, when I missed 2 quizzes, I thought about giving up. However, I found out if I do well on other quizzes and submit all the assignments, I still have a chance to get an A. Also, I almost gave up when my friend cancelled the interview at last minute. That’s why you have to be prepared early. However, since I am an international student I pay a lot for my tuition so every time I thought about giving up, I try to think of my parents because they are working very hard to pay my tuition. This is my motivation.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
·         Start the assignment early. It can be said to any other class but especially this class.
·         Keep eyes on canvas. Since it is mostly online class, it is easy to miss the deadlines.
·         Make friends in this class. They will help you stay on truck and you guys can help each other when you have to interview or do the assignments.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kaito,
    I think the three tips that you gave are 100 percent on point. Its really important to get a head start to make sure to have good content and to keep up with updates from the professor. Also I feel like meeting class mates is important not only to the class but also to the experience of life! But your right never give up!
    Best,
    Matthew Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaito,
    Great post on your Half reflection.
    I agree with you this course has given me a lot of time to the management of time skills. Same with the first quizzes I thought that where done at 11:59 p.m. but they are at noon.
    Also, my suggestions are that yous tart early with your assignments.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1)     Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- th...