Jul 12, 2019

Growing Your Social Capital


Domain Expert:
Who they are, what their background is:
Koki Miyawaki, he is a college student and used to work for Uber eats as a part-time job.
How this person is a “domain expert”:
He has an experience with food delivery service and he knows how to make this service better.
How I found and contacted this person:
He is my friend from high school and he always talked me about it.
Nature of Exchange: What they did for me, what is the return expectation:
I explained to him my product idea, he answered questions I had about his experience with food delivery service.

Market Expert:
Who they are, what their background is:
Kevin Laliberty is a student at UF and also working for Social 28.
How this person is a “market expert”:
I could not find someone who does research on this kind of stuff, so I chose someone who knows about students living off-campus and don’t have meal plans.
How I found and contacted this person:
We are in the same fraternity and after we had meeting, I had a conversation with him and he told me about living situation of students who lives in off-campus apartment.
Nature of Exchange: What they did for me, what is the return expectation:
It was very casual, I just asked him some questions about living situation of people who lives off-campus apartment and their eating habit.

Industry Supplier:
Who they are, what their background is:
Matt Wroblewski is a college student at UF and he works for publix.
How this person is a “industry supplier”:
He works for publix. He often deals with student customers and food.
How I found and contacted this person:
We are in the same fraternity and after we had meeting, I had a conversation with him and I asked him about if my idea is possible in the future or not.

Finally: Reflect. This experience requires you to do a little 'targeted networking.' How will this experience shape how you participate in any future networking events? Did this experience differ from your networking experiences in the past? How?
It is very hard to find someone who is expert but luckily, I had friends who can help me with this assignment. They are not professionals but still they are working as a part-time job and still helped me a lot. This experience will expand my idea for sure and made me feel like I can actually make this business happen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaito,
    Great post on the Growing Your Social Capital. It's incredible the three-way that you describe the persons as Market Expert, Industry Supplier, and Finally, Reflect. I like how you finish your post with the reflection of how will this experience shape you in any future.
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people have different values within certain industries. Some of the people who you describe while maybe not being “market experts” clearly have valuable first hand experience which you can use to mold your service. They may also improve their knowledge of the industry in the future and their knowledge will become more valuable and useful to as you idea takes shape.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1)     Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- th...